Saturday, October 19, 2013

Bye, Bye Curls...

Today we took Graham for his first haircut.

Below are two pictures from last weekend that show Graham's curls from the back and the front. 


I was hoping we could put off the haircut and keep the sweet baby curls longer, but his hair was getting long, getting in his eyes, and getting all tangled and matted on the back of his head from the car-seat. So, it was time for the First Haircut. I knew this meant bye, bye curls. I had asked around and a few people recommended this salon for kids and they have the cars for the kids to sit in, while they get their haircut. Perfect distraction! Last night we showed him a video online of a kid getting his first haircut and not crying, so Graham would know what to expect. We talked about what the hair stylist would do. 


Look how long his hair is when it is wet and combed straight! We could almost put it in a ponytail when it isn't curly.




He did so good! He didn't cry or fuss at all! I am so proud of him! We kept some of his locks of hair.

No more baby curls, look at this big boy! So, handsome! I could cry! I can't believe how big he is getting. And since our trip to the zoo last weekend, he has really seemed like he is learning and understanding things even more. He is even doing more imaginative play on his own.

Then he wanted to drive the sports car. Zoom, Zoom!

We stopped by the library to pick up books for Graham for the first time. I don't know why it has taken us so long to take him. He loved it, but we really need to do more work on the inside voices and whispering. 

Tomorrow we are hoping to carve the pumpkin, so more pics to come from this weekend. 







No comments: