Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Sewing projects..


It was hard to get the shape of this bunny right. I found this bunny stuffed animal on Pinterest from this website. I love the natural linen with the seersucker! A cute little Easter basket stuffer.

I found this fun finger puppet on Pinterest as well pinned from this website.
I thought Graham would enjoy finding this in his Easter basket! I am out of white yarn. I need to pick some up and replace this off white tail with a white/white tail. I love striped fabric. 


This is a tooth-fairy pillow. Leave your tooth in the pocket before you go to bed and wake up to find what the tooth-fairy left in it's place. I will either have it personalized with a name or have teeth or tooth-fairy embroidered on it. These alligators know all about teeth, they have some sharp chompers! This is gator fabric left over from Graham's nap mat project. The fabric is from Etsy.

I made this wipeable bibb for Sweet Miss Georgia for when she is a wee bit bigger. Jack could wear it too, it is pretty gender neutral. Farm fabric from Etsy. I traced one of Graham's bibbs for the pattern. These bibbs are perfect for eating out at restaurants. The pocket catches most of the fallen food and we don't leave the floor covered in food. 

I made a reversible dress for Miss Georgia as well. I love the zigzag side! It was difficult to sew a reversible dress. I still need someone to do the button hole. I just tacked the button on so, we could see what the finished product would look like. I traced one of my old baby dresses to get the size right. I found the inspiration from a little anchor dress off Pinterest from this website. Zigzag fabric from Etsy, too.



I thought Meg would love the farm side. I know Jack will!


I made these bloomers to go with the dress. They turned out a bit small. They probably won't fit Georgia when she is able to fit the dress above. She might could wear them as a newborn. They may end up being bloomers for her doll. I am going to get more of the zigzag fabric and see if Matthew's mom can make some bloomer that will actually fit Georgia properly. Maybe my next pair of bloomers will turn out better.
I found the tutorial for these bloomers at this website. I did trace some diaper covers I had to get the size right and I added fabric to allow for seams, but it still turn out smaller.


We are planning Graham's first camping trip this Spring. Graham is going to use his nap mat from school as his sleeping bag. So, I thought he needed a little sleeping bag for his stuffed animal to take with us on the trip. The sleeping bag coordinates with his nap mat. A few years ago, I bought this pillow sham on sale for $14.00, thinking it would be perfect for doll sleeping bag. It actually makes two. You cut the sham in half. I am probably gong to add a button wear the top sheet folds over and maybe sew it up on the side. I just sewed a little pillow from a scrap piece of fabric left over from Graham nap mat and sewed it to the sleeping bag. Then I added the brown tie.


I have had these cut out and pinned together for months now, just waiting for time to get them sewn together. 

I have some more projects coming down the pipeline. I will post them as I finish them. Really next I need to finish Jack's tent doors. His birthday will be here before we know it! Also, I need to make final decisions on Graham's teepee and get started on it, his birthday is coming up too! They grow up so fast!





No comments: