I finished our bed skirt!!! I have been planning on working on this project for a long time and never made the time to work on it. With the baby coming, I will not have time for all of these projects, so it is time to get them completed!
My sister in-law is a bedding designer and gave me this whole bedding set, including duvet, quilt, and lots of pillow shams. I had 4 Euro shams and 3 regular shams, so I had 3 extra shams. However, I didn't have a bed skirt that matched the set. We had a cream striped bed skirt, which did not look that great with the monochromatic olive bedding. I never could find an olive bed skirt to purchase. First, I cut the 3 shams in half . Then, I cut the fabric off the back of the shams. I used the front of two Euro shams on either side of the bed and the regular sham on the front of the bed. I used the fabric from the back of the shams for the ends of the bed skirt and the box pleat in the middle. I bought some muslin for the middle of the skirt that lays on the box springs. I cut it all, pinned all the hems, and pinned all the pieces together. Then I sewed it up! I was afraid since it was such a large project that I would cut it skewed or it wouldn't turn out, but we put it on the bed and it looks like it is part of the set. It all worked out!
No comments:
Post a Comment