We haven't finished the nursery, but we have the main pieces in place! This is a gender neutral nursery with a neutral earth tone color scheme. We still have a lot of work to do, but I feel good that the majority is ready!
I had an old family chair and ottoman recovered and had a swivel/ glider mechanism installed for the chair. I think it turned out GREAT! Matthew's mom is making a green lumbar pillow to match our crib skirt for the glider. We will add artwork or a baby picture on the wall behind the glider. The peacock lamp shade is from Anthropologie and the lamp base from Ikea. The Twiggy side table is from CB2 (I don't see it for sale anymore). This is a four generation bassinet. My grandfather, mother, me, and many other family members have slept in this bassinet. I have a new custom mattress coming in and a new natural linen with double ruffle is being made and should be ready by the end of February. I will post the final product! Matthew and I found this wooden rocking horse at a consignment sale this year.
The black bookcase is from Target (they carry similar bookcases now). The shelves have to be reorganized for the nursery. The alligator block print and water color is by Walter Inglis Anderson and was framed by the Framin Shoppe. It is hung too high. The cream daybed was my grandmothers. Matthew painted the brass knobs cream. The steel gray quilted Euro Shams are from West Elm (they carry a similar quilt now). The duvet is by Kate Spade and a gift from my sister-in-law, a textile designer. I made the brown linen pillow shams. This green pillow will go away and a green pillow that matches our crib skirt will go in the middle. The end table is by Anthropologie. I am working on selecting some storage to go underneath. I think I will have to make it, to get the size I want. I finally decided on a table lamp, so I will show you that when it is purchased.
The little chair and the yard stick was my grandmother's. I plan on making a cushion for the chair. The dresser is an old dresser from my parent's house. I bought the changing topper used on Ebay, but it is from Land of Nod (I don't think they carry it anymore). It was a funny stain to match, and I think it is close enough. I am going to have a brown flannel cover made for the changing pad. The 2x3 rug is from West Elm. The print above the changing table is by Walter Inglis Anderson. I will hang pictures of the baby above the changing table and maybe some kind of hook for an heirloom outfit. I am going to do two Simple Human step trash cans in brushed steel from Target. One for cloth diapers and one for disposables. They will go between the changing table and the wall.
The steel gray curtains are from West Elm (they don't carry them anymore). The storage baskets are from West Elm. The black Jenny Lind crib is from Babies R' Us. At this point, we are leaving the wheels off, to keep the crib shorter, but if we add them, Matthew will spray paint the brass wheels a matte black. We are probably getting the crib mattress from Ikea by the end of the month. The crib skirt is going to be green and should be finished by the end of February. Matthew's mom is making a green blanket to match the crib skirt. The green fabric sample is hanging behind the rails in the picture. I will probably do baby pictures above the crib. I found some frames at CB2 that I like. The steel gray and cream wool rug is by CB2. We are renting the house or we would have painted the walls a toned down aqua.
I am thinking through the closet organization and the dresser drawer organization now.
It is all coming together and I will post pics as we finish projects and get new pieces!
No comments:
Post a Comment