I pulled all the colors, shapes, animals, numbers, fruits, vegetables, and letter books out so we can start going over them with Graham and see if any of it sparks his interest yet. He is supposed to start recognizing shape differences, categorizing like things, and I think colors now.
I ordered him some art supplies, so we can start doing some artwork. He has play-dough he picks at and scratches at, haha. He can only do crafts with his paci in so he doesn't eat any of it. I also got one of the no mess finger painting kits Meghan had on Jack's wish list on clearance at Walmart. So, Graham has used that some. But it is difficult because he really just wants to dig his finger in the gel. I tried the finger painting in the zip lock baggie project. No mess, but he wasn't interested. We will try again next week. When his non-toxic finger paints come in, we may have to do the messy finger painting in a dry bath tub and see if he is more interested in that. With that kind of mess, I am sure he will be interested. We finally hung Graham's 6 month hand and foot prints in his nursery. I need to adjust the bows. I love them! They are so precious!
He is in the big bath tub now and has his bath toys in the tub with him. I need to get a non-slip mat for the tub though. He is so slippery. It takes me and Matthew to rinse his hair, because he wants to flip over face down in the bath tub (like in a crawling position). Which obviously won't work. I am afraid if only one of us tries to tackle it, he will get his face too wet and be scared of baths.
We have been rotating the toys and books to keep him entertained. Graham is wanting to crawl from room to room and explore. So, I find myself just following him around. He is wanting to pull up on everything and has started cruising along the sofas. He has been crawling under his exersaucer like it is his fort. He crawls in, then peeks out and smiles. He is so proud of himself for learning new things. I have ordered a swing for us to install under our carport for Graham to use. I couldn't find a good used one anywhere.
Graham has been sleeping through the night after we sleep trained after Christmas. Until now... he is pulling himself up to a standing position in the crib when it is time to go to sleep at when he wakes once in the middle of the night. I think I am going to have to put a halt to the sleep training until he can learn to sit from a standing position in the crib. So, back to patting him in the crib and singing to him to he goes to bed.
Graham is eating meat with his dinner now. He is a good eater. There hasn't been a single food he hasn't liked yet, except for the rice cereal. We haven't tried it again.
I have been thinking about a sandbox for Graham. I was going to do a covered sandbox, like a used green turtle sandbox. That would be more affordable than the nicer wooden sand boxes and easier to move to another house, since we are in a rental. But I think since we live near the beach where Graham can play in the sand while sitting, we might do a table top sand box, a tactile box, and a water box. I am not sure how exactly I am going to pull this project together yet. We will put it under the car port and have lids on all of them. Graham will love to use his dump trucks in the sand. He can use boats and cups, etc in the water box. Also, the water box will be used to store these toys in when water isn't in it. The other box, we will put rice or lentils or something in it. He can bury stuff in it and use scoops, etc. I am hoping we can find an old bench or low table to put these table top boxes on. Something Graham can stand at or sit on a little stool to play. I think we will have to do something like Rubbermaid storage containers, so we can have a lid.
Lots of planning and projects this year for our sweet Graham!
Lots of planning and projects this year for our sweet Graham!
2 comments:
Careful with feeding rice - they've discovered it contains high levels of arsenic. I didn't know this with Charley and fed her lots of Earth's Best brown rice cereal - choose oatmeal instead.
Also, be careful with the type of sandbox sand you buy - some have carcinogens in them. Google it...
Graham doesn't like rice cereal. I know I have read about the asbestos and toxins in the sand.
Post a Comment