I can't believe Graham is 1 year old! It was a long and full year. Matthew and I can't even remember what life was like pre-baby. Graham is such a joy! And a handful. Haha! We planned and planned for Graham's arrival last year. We had waited 10 years for a baby and finally the day came, when we became a family of three. No more sleep, but man is he worth it!
He is cruising up a storm. I think it will still be a while before he walks. His new thing is climbing. He is climbing on everything. He is mimicking a lot of what we say. He studies people and loves looking at details. He is having temper tantrums, but also is really giving sweet hugs. He is getting ticklish and has such a cute giggle. We look forward to the next year watching Graham's personality develop and seeing him learn new things.
It was hard to leave my job in Birmingham and it was hard to leave our friends and family to move down here, but Matthew loves his job and we have made some great new friends already. I decided since we are down on the coast, we needed to have an ocean animal theme party. Octopus, sharks, sea-turtles, and crabs oh my!
After a week full of downpours we were fortunate to have a beautiful dry day. It was sunny, comfortable temperature, and very windy. We set the food up under the carport.
The shark cupcakes were from Flour Girls Bakery.
I carved a watermelon shark and Nana helped make the crab cheese ball. Both inspired from pictures on Pinterest.
Granny helped make the veggie platter like one of my pictures from Pinterest. We used Greek yogurt and a packet of ranch seasoning for the dip.
Granny made the sausage balls. Yum, so good!
The octopus smash cake was from Flour Girls Bakery. Love it!!!
Gummy sharks and octopi swimming in Jelly Beans.
Ocean animal coloring book and ocean animal crayons for the kids to take home. I bought the crayons off Etsy and they were smaller than I expected, but very cute!
I love this picture! Meghan helped by taking pictures throughout the party. I took a few, but I really appreciate her catching moments I missed. I love this picture! My favorite from the day. My friend Kasey made Graham's outfit. Navy linen with wooden buttons and an octopus applique. She is amazing!
Granny and Nana loved seeing the grandboys! Graham and Jack loved seeing each other too!
The men relaxing, but were very helpful in getting the party pulled together and cleaned up.
The kids playing in Graham's new sandbox. I will post another blog post on Graham's sandbox and sensory table. This was one of Graham's birthday presents from us. He also got some art supplies, clothes, glow in the dark pj, and I have a tool belt I still need to make. Just didn't have time to get it made with my new job.
Sweet kisses from daddy!
Bug zapper. Chameleons have to eat too! I know we have some chameleon food around our house. Haha! I hope Ewan found some to take back to his hungry lizard.
Shark bubble blower.
Boat/wagon rides.
Aunt Meg.
Sidewalk chalk rainbow.
New tricycle from Nana and Papaw.
New workbench from Granny and Granndaddy.
We are going to have to really watch this boy. He is climbing onto the little shelf.
Playing with cousin Jack is so much fun!!!
Jack with daddy!
Wagon rides around the neighborhood. Wagon cover from Aunt Meg, Uncle John David, and Cousin Jack! Now our sweet boy, won't get sunburned.
Giving hugs to Aunt Meg!
Laying it on in thick with Nana. Sweet hand hugs! She is melting and he can have whatever he wants! Haha!
Nana and Graham.
Goodbye hugs for Papaw. Graham was patting him on the back and open mouth kissed his nose and patted his nose. Haha! Don't you love that LOVE!
The light saber card from Aunt Angie and Uncle Richard was a big hit!
Graham had a fantastic first birthday! Everything was a success! It was so good to spend time with family and visit with friends. I will post Graham's 12 month professional pics this weekend.


3 comments:
Love everything Sarah!!! Good Job Momma! So sad our babies are growing so fast, but it's fun to see them grow together! Love & miss you!
What a BLESSING!! A wonderful weekend of birthday fun with family and friends! We are so blessed to have them at such close, fun ages. It is our prayer that they grow up to be such good friends. Loved being a part of the birthday weekend! Mommy and Daddy did a wonderful job pulling everything together!
LOVED seeing all the pics! Didn't the first year fly? What a great party - looks like a ton of fun! Miss you guys.
Post a Comment