Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Saturday at the museum and the park...


We decided to go to the Museum of Archaeology at University of South Alabama. It is open on Saturdays and is always free. Evidently, a lot of money was donated by the Delchamp grocery store family to this museum. I was impressed. It was a really interesting and good quality museum. If you are ever in the Mobile area, you should stop by. 


 I was so impressed with their so life-like figures. You can read on the above plaque that the figures were made from mold from real people. That is why they are so life like. The camera made the figure a little shiny, so the figure looked even more real in person. Every time you turned around, you felt like someone was standing there. Surprise! Lot of good information on the archaeological digs in South Alabama and talked about the history of the Native Americans and the Spanish, French, and English settlers all the way to present day. Interesting for children too.



 Then we went to the park. We wanted to go last weekend, but it rained and poured. This is Graham's first trip to the park. We should have gone over Christmas. He loved it and he felt like such a big boy. It was colder than I thought it would be and in the shade no doubt. I should have brought his toboggan.









 We had a nice Saturday together!
And by the way, this little boy has a fourth tooth coming in on top. He has 6 teeth!



No comments: