Granddaddy and Granny Downs came down for a visit and wanted to go to a Mardi Gras parade. We went to the one during the day on Saturday. I didn't know what to expect with this particular parade. We found out when the parade started that the theme was "Addicted to Reality TV." It was all kind of rednecky. I really don't like reality tv. I am not sure we would have gone to this one if we had known. Although, I don't think a night parade is the best place to take Graham. About 33,000 people were in attendance. We were near all the smokers. We tried to get away, but they were everywhere. So, next time we go to a parade, we need to ask around better for where we should stand. Most of you probably know, but these parades are dangerous, because of all the stuff they throw off the floats. I was shielding Graham's head and I got smacked upside the head with some kind of brown package.? It hurt!!! They were throwing beads, beanie babies, entire bags of candy, candy, moon pies, oatmeal cookies, huge baby pacifiers, noise clappers, huge stuffed animals, fake cigars, cups, etc.
Little ponies.
Notice the baby in this dune buggie. It wasn't going fast, but still kind of funny. And hopefully, the baby doesn't ride back there if or when it goes fast.
The Roll Tide Trike. Notice the houndstooth dog.
Yosemite Sam dune buggie.
Dog the Bounty Hunter
Duck Dynasty
large pacifier
We stopped by the Old Dutch Creamery for some ice cream.
Graham is ready for his ice cream (but he isn't old enough).
Granny pushing Graham on his new swing.
You can see the table in the background, I got used from Graham's daycare. We are going to cut the legs down and use it as Graham's sensory table. Sand and water table. I also got two small chairs to go with it. We will keep it under the carport. I will post pics when we finish it.
Graham is 9 months old! He is taking Granddaddy and Granny to his church today!
Graham exploring around the house.
Granny and Granddaddy brought this cruising station down from Graham's friends Winn and Sam. It is the perfect height and he loves it. He has learned to squat using it. He really feels like a big boy.
You would think it was spring around here. Graham loves exploring outside.
Granny and Granddaddy brought Graham's wagon down that he received from them at Christmas. He was so excited to see it when daddy brought it around for him to ride in.
No comments:
Post a Comment